Keep up to date with the government advice and updates concerning COVID-19
24/03/2020 – Sadly The Motte and Bailey have decided to close the kitchen so are no longer offering takeaway. We will let you know if this changes.
19/03/2020 – If you are struggling to get out for your food shopping, here are a couple of local pubs who are offering takeaway meals with delivery available. It also helps them out a lot in these times!
17/03/2020 – The latest government advice from the PM is as follows:
- Everyone should avoid gatherings and crowded places, such as pubs, clubs and theatres.
- Everyone should work from home if they are able to.
- All ‘unnecessary’ visits to friends and relatives in care homes should cease.
- People should only use the NHS “where we really need to” – and can reduce the burden on workers by getting advice on the NHS website where possible.
- By next weekend, those with the most serious health conditions must be ‘largely shielded from social contact for around 12 weeks.
- The UK is now three weeks behind Italy – the worst-hit country in Europe.
- If one person in any household has a persistent cough or fever, everyone living there must stay at home for 14 days.
- Those people should, if possible, avoid leaving the house “even to buy food or essentials”- but they may leave the house “for exercise and, in that case, at a safe distance from others.
- Schools will not be closed for the moment.
- People over the age of 70
- Other adults who would normally be advised to have the flu vaccine (such as those with chronic diseases)
- Pregnant women
Have a look on the Government website here (https://www.gov.uk/government/topical-events/coronavirus-covid-19-uk-government-response) for information on how you can minimise your chance of catching the virus, travel information and more.
We’ll be updating this page as and when new information is released.
Follow our Facebook page below!